Saturday 1 November 2008

B-E-A-R-S

Those of us dedicated enough to get up early, brave the apocalyptic downpours and attend the Haas tailgate (today the Bears were playing the aptly-named Ducks) were rewarded by the appearance of the Cal band at the business school. There may have been some cheerleaders in attendance too, but I didn't really notice.

The day has been a wash-out, the first serious rain since we arrived here. I've decided that California is either too hot and dry or too wet, and with Mat staying I get to complain about it over a cup of tea with someone who understands.

Despite the gloom I have managed to offload the kilo of sweets we had left after Halloween. Maya, Hannah, Sophia, Evie and Lyla will be eating artificially coloured sugar and driving their parents crazy for at least the next month.



I was standing there, minding my own business, and they danced right at me!



The all-weather Cal band.



They're still at it!!