Friday 29 May 2009

Albany cheese show

Another day, another Israeli holiday. It's a country high on my list to relocate to after Haas.

Today it was Shavuot, celebrating Moses bringing the Ten Commandments down from Mount Sinai. Obviously this is celebrated by eating lots of things made of cheese. But who's looking for deep theological meaning when the food is this good?



Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese? (Job 10.10)



Wow - these Burekas are delicious. Like mini Cornish pasties, but filled with...cheese.



Lasagne - I couldn't find a Biblical quote to accompany this one.



Elliot, me, and Hannah not looking our best.

---

For those that don't understand the "hidden" meaning of the title, you should have been born in Somerset! We used to get a day off school for that every year...