Wednesday 20 May 2009

Enquiring young minds

It was free day at Cal Academy of Sciences again, and Scott, Oliver, and I made the time-honoured early morning trip across the Bay Bridge to get in line.  This time we took Uno to relieve the boredom (made worse by it opening half-an-hour later than I remembered) and as soon as the doors opened were running to get our planetarium tickets and into the rainforest.

It's great taking a real scientist like Oliver along, and my uncle skills were stretched to the max with questions like "what planet is that?" and "what's your favourite lizard?"  I think I passed.



Waiting in (the cold) line.



This is a bit warmer - Scott and Oliver in the rainforest.



A native.



The scientist investigates.



Up through the flooded forest floor.



He's behind you!



Oliver and an albino alligator.



Waiting for the planetarium show to start.



Cal Academy's newest intern!