Friday 12 September 2008

Parents and children

Today I enjoyed my first day as a male nanny ("manny") when I got to look after little Logan while his mum went to a job interview. Deciding that a British accent and a baby would prove irresistible to the American ladies I took him for a walk around Berkeley. I did indeed garner many smiles and comments, but sadly none of Logan and my admirers were still in possession of their own teeth.

My parents arrived today too, and navigating the train to the airport with a seven-month-old wasn't as bad as I expected. The only hiccup was when, with baby strapped to me in his high-tech papoose, I thought: "hmmm...my top feels a little warmer and wetter than it really should..." Enough said.



I'm a British nanny and I'm dangerous.



Hannah shows around two new Haas entrants (who have taken the average age way up).



Brits abroad - loud, drunk, rude.



Could they be related?