Wednesday 17 September 2008

Winning big!

Just when we thought our winning ways were over, Lady Luck smiled!

Virgin America likes to present a happy, home-spun image, and so they play games with the passengers before we all board their planes. Today it was "who has the oldest penny?" Despite knowing this from our flight to LA, I had managed to spend the one I was saving.

But who could have known that the auto pay machines at the Excalibur would have coughed out a 1957 one cent piece? Certainly not the people who gathered around the gate desk offering up their feeble efforts of 1987 and 1971.

For my hard earned victory I was presented with a voucher for a free cocktail on the flight back to San Francisco. It was 10am, but when in Vegas...



Breakfast of champions.



Me, my penny and my prize.