Friday 19 December 2008

And I thought Seattle was cold

We're in Canada! The air is clear and the Queen's head is on the banknotes.

Vancouver is a beautiful city, and much happier to cope with the snow than Seattle. We wandered along the waterfront as the afternoon sun sank lower in the sky, watching the seaplanes come in to land.

More importantly, our hotel here has a steam room and jacuzzi! I've felt warm for the first time in a week. I think California has spoiled me, undermining my Geordie roots and getting me used to endless sunshine.

Now we're sat in bed in our complimentary dressing gowns (complimentary until we steal them, I guess) and The Shining is on the telly. It's the perfect romantic night in.



Across the Burrard Inlet to North Vancouver.



Canadian snow: similar to American snow, but just that little bit nicer.



A seaplane! How cool?!



The Vancouver skyline.



Merry Christmas!