Friday 5 December 2008

Smorgasbord

It was the monthly Haas consumption function today, and the theme this time was world foods. Students from every country that wanted to be represented had a table and prepared regional delicacies for the rest of us to enjoy. Walking around the business school's forum you could try Korean, Taiwanese, French, Iranian, Russian, Italian...

In fact, the only major country missing was Great Britain! Hannah and her fellow Brit students had declined the opportunity. This will be rectified next year when I set up a deep fat fryer and a tub of batter, and offer to prepare any food that people bring a la mode Anglaise.

Most of the evening I spent hanging around the Israeli table in solidarity with our friends. Earlier I'd helped chop onions for their salad in the hope of changing it to an Anglo-Israeli initiative but my diplomatic skills came to nothing. After eating ten falafels, I didn't really mind.



All go in Moran's flat!



The Israeli table at the function. Amir, Dana, Daphny, Elad, Sagy, Shauli, Moran and Anat.



Logan and me! I stole him from his parents as soon as he arrived.



Organised chaos is one of Haas's strengths.



Helloooo! Dana, Anat, Maya and Hannah.