Monday 29 December 2008

Take my mother-in-law

I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law in 18 months. I didn't want to interrupt.

Jokes like this will not be tolerated on my blog for the week that Hannah's mum is staying. Hannah picked her up from the airport, and she arrived safely at our flat this afternoon. I knew it was her knocking on the door because all the mice threw themselves onto the traps.

I opened the door and there was my mother-in-law, stood in the hallway outside our flat.

"Can I stay here?" she asked.

"Of course," I said, and shut the door.

I looked out a bit later and she was being attacked by a Californian mountain lion.

"Shouldn't you go and help?" Hannah asked.

"The lion got itself into that mess, it can get itself out," I replied.

But seriously...



Mum's here! We stretched our legs with a walk to the beach.



The bridge.



The skyline.



Hannah and mum. It was too late to paddle.