Sunday 15 February 2009

Twisting the night away

The last time I was in a nightclub was 1997, in a place called World Headquarters in Newcastle. Twelve years later I found myself in DNA, a club in San Francisco hosting a Valentine's night mash-up special. Anat saved us all from a quiet night in by arranging the trip, and a crowd of Haas students and partners descended on the poor unsuspecting city.

Things I learned tonight:

a) There's a 1 o'clock in the morning, as well as one in the afternoon.
b) One shot of Jaegermeister is one shot too many.
c) You know you're in San Francisco when a 40-year-old man dressed as cupid is on stage firing heart-tipped arrows into the crowd.
d) On average, the British dance better and longer than the Israelis.
e) I'm too old for this...



It's a nightclub. And we're on the inside!!



Dress code was "red", which fitted nicely with Wales's rugby triumph of today.



I'm watching a band! I feel young again.



Here's cupid. Thank goodness he only comes out once a year...