Sunday 21 June 2009

My way, or the Segway

As a commiseration present for dropping from a family of eight with the Hammonds present back to a family of two, my mum bought Hannah and I tickets for a tour of San Francisco...by Segway! What better way to endanger your life and the lives of those around you than on a two-wheeled scooter capable of speeds of ten miles per hour?

Even I didn't anticipate how much fun it could be! I can't comment on whether the tour narration was any good as I was too busy whizzing around the streets of SF, soaking in the sun, the views, and the people saying "wow" and taking pictures of us. Now we're ready for the advanced tour!



Here we are!



Choose your steed.



A Segway in repose.



Hannah is run through basic training...



...and then me.



Signing our lives away.



I managed to pick a happy machine with not too many miles on the clock.


And they're off! (In tight formation).



Jealousy.



Two Segways and San Francisco.


Hannah demonstrates her mad skills.



Certificate of participation. I've never felt so proud!