Monday 15 June 2009

SEA-SFO

And so my grand trip to deliver Dana and a car to Washington state has come to an end. The last time Hannah and I were in Seattle the weather wasn't the best. Today I couldn't believe the difference! The sun shone down on leafy streets, people sat out in sidewalk cafes, and it was too hot to wear a sweater. Dana and I wandered along the waterfront, then took a trip up the Space Needle for some panoramic views.

Then it was time for me to catch my flight home. Regular readers will know that Dana has been my partner in crime on most of the crazy fun things us married-to-a-Haas-student types get up to while our better halves are studying/working. I have no idea what I'm going to do all day with her gone, and have a horrible feeling I might have to be productive. But judging by my one day of Seattle in the summer she and Amir are going to have a great time. Rest assured they'll be back in the kibbutz known as University Village soon.



A beach almost as nice as our one in Albany.



Haven't I seen that on Frasier?



Looking down at a Frank Gehry.



Reflections on architecture.



Downtown, where Dana and Amir's luxury apartment is!